Saturday, August 18, 2012

Horton Family Reunion



 Our first stop in Utah was to visit some of Andrew’s old friends from North Carolina who have moved to Utah known as the Littles.  Their daughter was having a baby blessing so most of the family was there.  Andrew had a blast talking with them and telling how life has been since his mission and learning what has been going on in their lives.  They were a fun quirky family and I loved being there with them.   We ended up getting invited to go shooting with the men folk.  Andrew and I shot off some pistols.  We were even shown how to load and put the safeties on.  One of them brought an AR 10, which is super huge you can feel the air come out of it, which they finagled use into shooting.  They told Andrew that I looked like I knew what I was doing.  Andrew was a little afraid.  Tee hee!

After saying good bye to everyone we headed to Park City to unload and unwind.  Grandma and Grandpa eventually got back from their family reunion in Wayne County.  We all chatted and talked about what has been going on and our plans for this week.   Then Andrew and I headed for bed for some much needed rest!

Sunday we went to church over in Snyderville ward with the Grandparents.  I love going to church with them.  Grandpa always says he needs me and Grandma to make him look good.  I think we do a good job at that.  When we got back Andrew and I took a 3 hour nap after our delicious meal prepared by Grandma and Grandpa.  We were super tired!  

Monday we just needed a little more rest so we slept in and headed for lunch with the Horton’s at Bridal Veil Falls.  There we met up with Uncle Steve, Aunt Cali, Katie, Granger, Natalie and her family, and Uncle Tom and his family.   Grandma Horton was also in attendance and spoke with Andrew and Uncle Tom about sports and how to improve the world.  I was bored pretty fast and joined all the other family at the falls.  Good times.

Granger is climbing the falls.
Later that night we went to Desert Star to watch Adam’s Family Home Evening.  It is a dinner style theatre entertainment.  There was dancing, signing, and jokes featuring a spoof on the Adam’s Family television show and FHE.

Tuesday morning we had pictures in a park.  We Hortons are some good looking people, very photogenic.  Then it was off to ride roller coasters.  Andrew and I stayed away from some of the more jostling kind.  But we had a blast and got to go on rides and wait in lines with our cousins.  Fun times had by all!  When Andrew and I felt done we headed back to base to eat and hang with the family.  Andrew took a nap and I got to talk with Grandma and Aunts and Uncles that came and went.  














 We got back home at a decent hour and even had time to talk with Grandma and Grandpa before we headed for bed.  We decided that we would be able to stay a little longer so we took our time leaving Park City the next day.  We even stopped by Uncle Tom’s to pick up Andrew’s phone, which I left in Grandma’s purse by accident, and some other things.  

Everyone is thinking, "My neck hurts!"
We had an awesome time and I was really glad we got to go.  


No comments:

Post a Comment